“Our startup engagement is like an insurance policy. If things do change rapidly or disruptively, we have something in the back pocket.” – Tony Douglas, Innovation Manager – BMW
Is your company innovating as fast as you’d like or need it to be? Is the culture agile and entrepreneurial enough to lead the way?
Startups innovate fast. They disrupt entire industries in short periods of time: just look at what AirBnB and Uber did to seemingly ‘stable’ industries. Young companies have entrepreneurial spirit; they can pivot swiftly and use this to their advantage. Partnering with a startups in their earlier stages is beneficial to both parties. In turn for your company getting a boost, young entrepreneurs get exposure to the huge amounts of knowledge, experience and networks that large companies can offer.
- Carry on as normal: ostrich-like in our opinion (see photo)
- Develop a more entrepreneurial & agile company culture
- Develop partnerships & collaborations with startups
- Corporate venturing – Corporate venture capital (CVC) is booming. Last year investments grew by 86.5% and just under half of Europe’s largest 100 companies are now venture investing
We’re an open book. We know that everyone has their own ideas, and ways of taking their companies forward, but we also know that everyone needs some sort of starting point. So, while the list below is by no means definitive, see it as a guide in using fresh entrepreneurial spirit to add value to your company:
- Developing entrepreneurial culture
- Graduate schemes / Placements / Sabbaticals
- Product development
- Product testing
- Corporate venturing
Get in touch: phone us or ping us an email. Come in for a coffee. Be nosey!
If you’re a Director/CEO of a major company or a startup founder then you can apply come along to one of our founders’ dinners.
“You cannot transform working with startups into core business without the CEO being a convinced believer. If you don’t have someone at the top who believes in your programme, it won’t fly.” – Javier Santiso, Managing Director – Telefónica